View Single Post
Old 01-21-2007, 10:59 AM   #17
webster132

I posted a few pictures of the Lambo back when I first got it:
Getting cloth threads off the top
Getting cloth threads off the top

The family car is an Audi S4. I'm actually not big a fan of BMWs. Fine automobiles, but the interior is not up to Audi's standards. And I hear the M5 is not exactly a puppy at low speeds either. Which is what having a family/everyday car is all about, imho. I don't need 500 hp of aggressive to pick up groceries .

Also, I think it's nice to have a more clearly defined split between everyday and occasion cars. If you drive around with 500hp all the time, getting into a Lamborghini or a Ferrari won't carry the same astonishment.

To each his own, of course. If you could have only one car, an M5 or a M3 might very well be a perfect choice. I like the smoothness and the interior of Audis, though. Even got an automatic.

re: maintenance. As long as you're under warranty, it's pretty mild. The first oil change on the Lambo was $280. The first real service is not until 7500 miles and I hear it's $1,500. Then the next service is at 15k. The warranty on a new lambo is only 2yr/24k, though. After that, things can indeed get expensive if you're not taking care of the car or are simply unlucky.

Regular maintenance is a little more expensive and a little worse with a Ferrari. I think there's a service at 1500 miles, then at 5000 miles, and then I think it's 15/30/45 as well. The first service is just a fluid change too, so that's probably less than $500. But the major services run $3-4,000, I believe. On the upside, the Spider comes with 4 yrs/unlimited warranty. Which is pretty generous in this segment.
webster132 is offline   Reply With Quote