View Single Post
Old 01-18-2007, 08:28 PM   #25
laphil

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickhuizinga
I've only used the iPod connector so far, and don't really intend to use the AUX in or USB input.

You can switch between the Gateway 500 and the CD changer using a bypass switch on the Gateway. The change only takes effect the next time the MOST bus is turned on. You can mount the cables inside the main cabin. I choose the front trunk so the install would be easy enough to do myself, and because I plan to keep a dedicated iPod up front.

Eric @ Bumper Plugs will be doing a group buy (http://www.bumperplugs.com/DensionGroupBuy2.html). I ordered from maxcount.de where I paid 361EUR + 25EUR for shipping.
So HOW did you get it to work? I have an 05 987 with BOSE and no CD changer. I have the GW500 and took the unit to a very reputable audio house (recommended by BH Porsche, etc) The installer flipped the dips to Porsche mode and installed in the front trunk downstream from the amp. He also tried as first unit on the bus as there's only a BOSE amp. Oddly enough, whatever was downstream from the GW500 failed (the bus wouldn't recognize it.)

BH Porsche was kind enough to verify MOST bus for me (verified that the Head Unit had CDC enabled as well...) The end game was this unit DIDN'T work on my bus. It kept killing the BOSE or the head unit.

Any thoughts????

Also, the Porsche documentation / fiber packet that comes with the kit says the GW/CD bypass switch doesn't work on Porsches... yours does??
laphil is offline   Reply With Quote