View Single Post
Old 01-18-2007, 02:48 PM   #8
Grizzly

To answer a couple more of your questions, the ignition switches go for about $20.00 on ebay.

Also, I was the victim of a very expensive top repair, to include bodywork and paint on the clamshell. Unfortunately, my repair was due to my imbecile Brother-in-Law, as opposed to cable stretch. To avoid a multi-thousand dollar repair, check the cables to see if they've been replaced with the improved version (the outer covering is different, making them easily distinguishable). Also, check the top's rod ends to see if they've been replaced (originals are red, replacements are white. You can buy metal ones from Paragon, but check with our sponsors first to see if any of them carry them). If not, make those improvements for less than a couple hundred bucks and you'll save yourself a whole lot of money and aggravation in the long run. I put the metal rod ends on mine instead of the plastic ones from Porsche. They'll never break again. There's a ton of information about the Boxster top on Renntech's forum. It's worth reading.

Thanks for the compliment on the wheels. They came from Wheel Dynamics in California. The owner's name is Carlos and he's great to work with.
...no catastrophic engine failure ...yet

Last edited by Grizzly; 01-19-2007 at 07:22 AM.
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote