View Single Post
Old 01-18-2007, 11:43 AM   #6
HIFI

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdancd816
I am a proud owner of a '97 Boxster. Make SURE you get a PPI on the car. I drive mine every day and am totally satisfied with the vehicle. Be sure to look at Randall's website on buying a used Boxster. Check the following: convertible cables replaced?, coolant tank new?, seat belt receptacles replaced?, miles on tires, iginition switch - original?, oil pan seal leaking?, RMS dry? I bought my '97 with very low miles and overall its been great. Just be aware that stuff can be lurking that can cost a lot to fix. A PPI is great insurance, but not 100%. I am a proponent of keeping the '97's original and on the road! Just be prudent and very carefull about inspecting the car in question. Best of luck!
Thanks for all the help, I have read Randall's links and they are very informative.

How much are you talking to replace the convertible cables? Coolant tank? Ignition switch? Seat belt receptacles? I've seen the problem with the cables, but what was wrong with the coolant tank, ignition switch, and seat belts?

I do plan on getting a PPI, but I'm not convinced they know as much what to look for as some of you guys!

By the way, I really like your wheels Grizzly.
HIFI is offline   Reply With Quote