View Single Post
Old 01-17-2007, 10:15 PM   #20
MartinJ

So just to get back to the original question, here is my view.

I don’t think Boxster reliability is worse than other P-Cars (okay I lurk in other forums!).

The Boxster is a blast to drive! I did try a 911 and I simply enjoyed the Boxster more.

I drove a S2000 (and an acquaintance of mine has one) again I simply preferred the Boxster.

The 350z is a good car but it is simply not a sports car compared to the Boxster and it did not do anything for me when I drove it.

So here is my advice, take a Boxster for a test drive on a clear sunny day (it does not need to be warm) over a variety of roads (including twisties). When you take the car out and let it warm up, drop the top, use the heated seats if equipped, don’t turn on the sound system, don’t let the revs get below 4K, try some fast corners, use those brakes & listen to the flat 6. Be prepared to write a check!

My view on mods: I have owned and modified a number of cars, not aggressive mods, some appearance, some performance and some handling. I do it because I enjoy driving my cars and modifying them. I don’t have many car friends (in person) so it is always fun to explain my mods to someone who likes cars (most people) and does not mod (again most people) and let them drive the car explain what a mod does and let them and feel the difference (my current Benz is a reasonable example of that). I don’t mod because the original car was bad, I mod because I have different specific tastes (for example most suspension mods I have done have improved handling but always compromise ride quality a little, a compromise I prefer) and I like to make my cars my own and I am quite proud of the mods. I have managed to sell cars with mods and get at least some money back (mods have low resale value) and I think this is because I have been enthusiastic about my cars and that rubs off onto the folks I have sold my cars to. Having said all that I have not done anything to my Boxster yet and there is a simple reason for that, the car is simply great out of the box and it’s limits are far ahead of my driving skills! I plan on improving my driving skills this summer so who knows what is next, I just know it will be fun.
2008 Carrera S Cabriolet, Meteor Grey Metallic, Stainless Steel Exhaust Pipes, Heated Front Seats, Navigation, Floor Mats – I know the Porsche ones suck but they came with the car, Park Assist, Power Seats, Self Dimming Mirrors, 19 inch Sport Design Wheels – Classic Car and Classic Wheels, Bose, Sports Chrono Plus. Mods so Far: XPEL Clear Bra, Smart Top, Dension iPod Integration, Clear Side Markers

2001 MB CLK320 with a collection of performance mods.
MartinJ is offline   Reply With Quote