Thread: Heeeeeeelp!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 07:26 AM   #3
CJ_Boxster

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
Hmm, Misfires on one bank of the engine acompanyied by smoke.. Did the box smoek all the way home?

The only thing I can say would give you misfires on one entire half of your cyclindars would be catilitic converters or O2 sensors on that bank... I thought about ignition but they each have there own supply and would be too much of a considence to all fail at once.

Another senario would be that that cyclindars 123 have better compression than 456 and your air oil separater took a dive and the cyclindars with the best compression is sucking up all the oil that the Air Oil Separater cannot digest.

But Catalitic convertors sounds more like the culprit, they are probably clogging the flow of air and when cyclindars 123 try to force the exhaust gases out, you end up getting blow-by and oil forces its way past the piston rings in the moment that the blow-by is occuring.

Check your compression on 123 against 456 and see if there is a difference, remember to remove all sparkplugs and disable the fuel pump and hold the accelerator down 100% to get an accurate reading.

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg

Last edited by CJ_Boxster; 01-16-2007 at 07:30 AM.
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote