Thread: Wash Day
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2007, 01:28 PM   #18
husker boxster

Definitely NOT a Wash Day

Since this thread started out as a weather report....

Omaha received 4" of snow yesterday and today our "high" was 5 whole degs. I heard a lot of new creaks and groans driving home from work today. I know the snow amt doesn't come close to Denver amts, but I was excited to get a measureable amt of precip. I bought some Bridgestone Blizzaks back in Nov and was looking forward to trying them out. I was out yesterday driving around and they worked great. My Boxster is a daily driver and obviously I need it to get around. Don't want to buy the winter junker because there will be a morning when the weather man says "today is going to be great" and by 2pm it's snowing like crazy. Don't want to get caught with the Boxster in a situation like that. The Blizzaks are 18's, so I was concerned they might be too big to work in the snow. Saw lots of threads about going to 17s. But I kind of want to find some chrome wheels this spring (that's a topic for a separate thread) for my summer tires, so I needed to use my current 18s. Anyway, I am very happy with the new shoes.

Hope the folks in the lower 48 are enjoying their warm weather.

Terry
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote