View Single Post
Old 01-14-2007, 03:33 PM   #3
FrayAdjacent

1. I figured maybe the hood (being steel) might interfere with the receiver, but I'll give it a try. Several reviews said the SiRF III chipset was more sensitive and may not need an external antenna. If it does, I might be able to get a small antenna and mount it on the plastic housing around the wiper arms. (Depending on the size of the antenna and all that jazz). If it doesn't work well, I'll put it in my storage bin. I'm sure the top and such won't interfere with the GPS RF reception.

2. My head unit does have an aux in... but it has to be switched from CD or FM radio. I'll see how it goes....

As for reading the screen... the software I'm getting is supposed to have adjustable font sizes to make it easier to read. I'll play around with it and see how it goes. I figure if I use it on road trips, for the most part on road trips I'll have the top up for comfort... we'll see if the audio is OK or not.

http://www.zoto.com/frayadjacent/img...f27a-4a399.jpg <---- my car. ^ crap I post.

"The existence of the flamethrower is evidence that someone, somewhere once said 'I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't want to have to walk over there to do it.'"
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote