View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 07:33 AM   #4
wetstuff

Thanks guys. It was my great fortune to be able to buy a 997.

What was interesting was a recent trip up to Annapolis to get A/C service on our Boxster. It's 2hr one-way. I drove one up - the other back.

I love our '01 Boxster-S, but half expected to come home feeling that this '05 997-S was stellar and the Box feeling like a '98 Sentra by comparison. Not so.

The 997 is heavy cruiser with the ability to do decent track times but the Boxster felt more organic to me. I wish I could explain that better..but I simply felt more connected to the Boxster, even tho' the 977 has 'absolute' tracking that does not allow eyeball distractions.

I'm not fat or oversize but I do enjoy the larger interior of the 997. The principal reason we got the 997 was the ability for us to take some longer trips. Both are 3rd and 4th cars, so they're owned for special trips and times when you need to reward yourself.

The fear may diminish but so far Marjie won't take the 997 to the hospital because she's afraid of the dings/getting key'd.. plus doesn't want to appear to brag. The Boxster got her, a nurse, enough of that later type of attention. ....interesting too: she was afraid to drive it when I brought it home from Cleveland. Too BIG ...too FAST ...too ????

Hell, it took her no more than 2min in a stadium parking lot. Almost everything is the same inside ..and the clutch on the 997 is even easier for her to use. It's all smiles now. Cheers.

Jim
wetstuff is offline   Reply With Quote