View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 06:17 AM   #14
Hake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Kill
Yeah, I blame the bus too.

Say, do you drive you Box all year round? I use mine in the winter down here in Jeresey and in parts of NY with absolutely no problems, but I am doing a lot of work lately in Buffalo. Was thinking of driving up there in two weeks. Several of my colleagues are telling me I am nuts to try it because of all of the snow, but I am thinking that they are just not enlightened to the concept of snow tires. I know you guys get a lot more snow than we do, but it does get plowed as it falls right? I won’t be encountering 3” of snow on the roads all around the office on major roads I am assuming? The way my coworkers are talking, I would think everyone drives around in 4X4s from November through April. What is your take on this?

I dont drive my box year round, i have an explorer for the winter. I mostly want to avoid the salt. Many on this forum say driving the box w/snow tires isnt that bad. We havent had any measureable amounts of snow since the October storm here and it looks like it will remain in the 40's for the next week at least. You would likely be ok for a short period of time. Snow removal is really good. That said, if 3" of snow on the ground is a problem for you, you may want to reconsider. Around here, its a non-issue snow fall until it gets over 10-12 inches in a day. If your here long enough, there will be a time you will have to drive through a few inches. I think the box would be ok. There are a few chicago/Minnisota residents here who could chime in and confirm that.
Hake is offline   Reply With Quote