View Single Post
Old 08-05-2004, 03:54 AM   #18
Ad Sach

Quote:
Originally posted by Another S in S
You might considering it bashing, others, especially those contemplating buying a base or S, might consider it useful. I would certainly want to know about these issues if I were comtemplating a big car purchase. If you want me to stop presenting my information, go write to Excellence magazine, go write to CFG and all the others I've quoted that had negative things to say about the 6 speed, and get them to retract THEIR negative analysis and comments, and only then will I stop. I'm just the messenger.
I do consider it bashing because I have never seen you mention this as part of a FULL and BALANCED analysis of the differences between the Base and the S. If you mentioned your opinions on the 6-speed as an aside among other factors like trim level, torque, speed, mileage it wouldn't be bashing.

As far as asking the mags to retract thier analysis, that it (to quote Joey on friends) ' a moo point' - it wouldn't matter to a cow. The magazines have no problem creating a forum for thier opinions and analysis and don't need our help or hindrance. The ones I have read presented thier opinions about the 6 speed in one or two lines among a longer article. Considering the depth of experience of actual owners on the internet - the opinions of magazines are comparitively 'skin deep'.

I've been carefully reading your posts to see if they contained any useful information for potential buyers, and I honestly don't see it.

Useful information might be - some owners have had problems with 2nd gear when the transmission is cold and have had replacement transmissions under warrantee.

Useful information might be - Some drivers find the relatively close ratios between 3rd and 6th more gears than they need an routinely shift from 3rd to 5th after reaching freeway cruising speeds.

Useful information might be - The Boxster shift linkage is precise but has longer throws on both the 5-speed and 6-speed than cars in it's class. For those who find this a problem, This can be corrected by installing an (aftermarket) B&M shifter.

The opinions you present as information have been repeated ad nauseum for 2 years or more. I hadn't heard that the deputies on PPBB had been blocking you - but it stands to reason. If most of the Boxster community disagrees with you and rejects the repetition of your poorly substantiated and reasoned statements, it might not be a problem with the Boxster community.
Ad Sach is offline   Reply With Quote