View Single Post
Old 08-04-2004, 08:24 PM   #14
Another S in S

Quote:
Originally posted by Lux
Another S in S,

Since you love quoting magazines so much, maybe you should read the fine print at the end of the Road & Track road test summary. In there you will find what they consider to be a "significant difference when comparing cars"...as they put it.

Then if you look at the numbers of the S vs the Base you will see that all of the acceleration and handling numbers fall under the "significant difference" category.

But I'm sure your dog can't tell the difference so there must not be one.

Long live the S!
One of my principles is to always consider the source of my information. Do I trust an authorative Porsche only magazine like Excellence or listen to what some generic car rag like Road & Track has to say? I put more weight on Excellence, and Excellence says the base is the better buy than the S and the base shifts better than the S.

One of your problems is you take your information at face value without considering its source and merit.

If you want to start quoting from magazines, which BTW is a big improvement than making up your own data and illogical reasonings, use Excellence, Panorama, or some other authoritative source and not some generic car rag (Motor Trend is the worst. Motor Trend is a truck mag pretending to be a car mag)
Another S in S is offline   Reply With Quote