View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 09:54 PM   #2
super66

buy it....don't think twice about it....ready? here you go....

1) How practical is it to drive a Boxster in the winter?
I live in Chicago, pretty harsh winters, get a set of snow tires and you will not have any problems....they only time you will actually have a problem is on the days when EVERY car has a problem and the ditches are filled with the almighty SUV's....we've only had one of those so far here....

2) Does the Boxster lose much of it's appeal.....
absolutely not!!! I daily drive it and twice a week commute downtown and even on those days it is still the best car to drive period....one thing you may want to consider is the tip trans, I have a manual and some days I curse it....until I drive an automatic and realize that stick is the way to go....I just took my box to the shop, I got 2 loaners...long story.....Mercedes c230 Kompressor, and then a brand new Cayenne.....both times I was depressed and simply wanted nothing more than the box back, it doesn't get old.....

3) What sort of impact does time of year have in terms of used market pricing? I'd assume that prices would drop over winter, and move upwards again as spring approached. Is that assumption correct, and if so, how large are the price swings? What months are best to buy in?
I bought my 05 in January 06, didn't plan it, old jeep got totaled, I got about 10K off the MSRP....I was just at the dealer and they are willing to deal right now...they actually had markdowns on the car windows....that wasn't the case when I bought mine....

4) Is there a specific model year(s) that would represent the best value? Are there specific model years to stay away from?
IMHO I would go 05 and up simply becausse I prefer the interior...also the base 05 has about as much power as the earlier s models....I may be wrong but I think 240 vs 258 on the 04 S.....

5) Are there any "must have" options, or options that should be specifically avoided?
get windstop, top bose system, auto climate, seat warmers, and the rims you want

6) I currently drive a 2006 BMW 330xi sedan, which I personally consider to be an excellent car, and lots of fun to drive. For anyone who has owned both, what's your take on the advantages of a Boxster over a 3 series BMW?
I've driven a ton of BMW's and my bro currently has a Z3, they don't hold up....the handling, the way the car handles and feels, its like nothing else, not sure if you have test driven one but just do it and you'll see
super66 is offline   Reply With Quote