View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 06:48 PM   #1
tre_oh

Which of the costly optional equipment would you pay for next time?

The Forum has probably been there and done this several times before, but for other newbies like myself I thought it might be of interest to hear peoples comments on which of the costly Porsche optional equipment one would spring for "next time". Please let me qualify my remarks by noting that I've only had the car for a month. Here it goes:

Heated Seats: Luv them here in NY to extend the top down period or just a simple heated back "massage"

Sound Package Plus: OK, not outstanding, obviously better sound on CDs than the radio; the lack of a rear speaker is a flaw IMHO

Auto Climate: A must; can you believe that in a $50K car you can't just "set the temp and forget" without paying for this option

18" S Wheels: The 17" inch standard wheels weren't making it for me; i sprang for the 18" S wheels and luv the look

Sport Seats: Very comfortable for the average to smaller size person as the side bolsters really protrude to grip in the turns; I think a big person would have trouble fitting their back in these

Bi Xenon Headlamps: Here in deer infested NY these lights are great for illuminating the "sides of the road" to improve the visibility of critters that might jump/run into the road. It feels like there is a lampshade on top of the car controlling the field of illumination. Thumbs up.