View Single Post
Old 01-03-2007, 08:22 AM   #11
MikenOH

Garage
Yellow jacket--I agree with what you are saying

but have to add when I polled the boxster owners in our local PCA organization, the numbers were in the 25-30 % range. This entailed getting a list of all owners on the club list that had Boxsters at the time the list was generated.

After making the individual phone calls and emails, it was clear, at least in our club, that there were quite a few cars of the 50 sold, traded or tuned in off a lease. My guess is about 1/3 of the owners no longer had the cars that were listed; I was a bit suprised in the turnover since most of the active people in the club have had their cars for years. It seemed clear that there were a number of owners that had them for a while and got out of them pretty quickly (2-3 year) and just moved on to something different.

Many previous owners didn't have any problems with the cars (or didn't recall and problems them) but the ones that did had very clear memories of the leaks.

Also, the number of miles driven annually was very low--under 5K typically--and very few were tracked or auto-x'd.

My takeway from the experience was that there might have been more positive responses had the cars been kept longer or been owned by an automotive enthusiasts.
MikenOH is offline   Reply With Quote