View Single Post
Old 01-02-2007, 05:06 PM   #13
KevinH1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by djomlas
my friend has a boxster and a supra, neither one has cupholders. hilarious

but yes its an american thing, and i really dont care much for cupholders anyways, if you drive your porsche the way you should a cupholder will not hold any kinda drink in there :dance:
I always thought Porsche just didn't want people snacking in their cars - it's an image thing. It shows a lack of discipline and order. Germans like order.

Compare that to the typical American in his or her minivan. I've gone out to lunch with co-workers whose cars look like they live in them. The seats and floors are littered with food wrappers, cups, CD jewel cases and children's toys.

When I get into my Porsche, there's nothing to distract me from driving enjoyment. I think that is how Ferry Porsche wanted it to be.

The CD holder was intended to keep the interior tidy. The fact that technology has passed it by doesn't mean it was a bad idea.
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console

Last edited by KevinH1990; 01-02-2007 at 05:09 PM.
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote