View Single Post
Old 01-02-2007, 08:21 AM   #7
98Boxster98

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdpt73
Well June 13 is my baby's due date and I hate to say goodbye to my Boxster (especially since it's paid off), anyone know the rules of baby car seats in Texas? if it's illegal to have a baby strapped to a carseat in the passenger side then I will have to trade my Boxster in for a Mitsubishi Evo or a Sub STI. What do you guys think? Getting another beater car is kinda out of the question since I already own a beater 92 corolla.
Congratulations on the impending birth! Depending on model year, there are two methods used to deactivate the passenger airbag, neither very inexpensive. There are postings where other Boxster owners have created their own belt buckle to deactivate the airbag in the older Boxster. While their technique seems to be technically sound, I just didn't want to take a chance; the cargo is too precious.

I live in Fort Worth and we ride in the Boxster whenever we can. The experience has created some of my fondest memories and I hope it's the same for the kid. It would be great if you can keep the Boxster but do what's right. There will be other chances for cars.
98Boxster98 is offline   Reply With Quote