View Single Post
Old 12-31-2006, 07:02 PM   #1
pecivil

Feeler for Gauge Kit for the Boxster

This is a feeler for how many people might be interested in a do it yourself kit that installs a VDO Oil temperature gauge, Oil Pressure gauge and a VDO voltmeter in a Boxster. The gauges install in the the upper cubby of the center consol that is under the radio. I have sourced everything you need for the kit and have installed it on my car. The kit would include:

3 VDO Vision Gauges
Flat Black Gauge Holder Face Plate
Correct Oil Temp sender for Boxster
Replacement Oil Pressure sender for the stock Boxster unit, with a output wire for the gauge and the warning light
All necessary wires with attached connectors
Installation Instructions

Pricing would be around $300 and would include shipping.

The install is not terribly difficult, It took me about 6 hours going pretty slow. If you are in the San Diego area, you could come by my house and I could help you with the install if you need it. But it isn't hard, about a 4 out of 10 on the difficulity scale. The kit will have all the wires you need cut to the correct length, with the proper gauge connectors. You will not have to solder anything, all plug & play.

If you would be interested in such a kit, email me @ pecivil2000@yahoo.com. If there is some interest I will do up install instructions and put some of the kits together.
Evo Intake
Partial Carbon Interior
Black Leather Sport seats
M030 Sway Bars
Litronics w/ Clear Corners
Boxster S brakes
B&M Short Shifter
PnP rear Speakers + Amp
pecivil is offline   Reply With Quote