View Single Post
Old 12-29-2006, 07:22 PM   #15
cartagena

Where I am there are almost no sports cars, and only one Boxster. So almost all little kids look at it. Every car load of them are stuck to the windows.

One day I am stopped on a street that is congested with people walking around. A little kid walks up to the passenger side and says "I know this car. I saw it in the theatre. I want to hear it talk". My assistant in the passenger side said it does not talk but he insisted he knew it talked. His mother then dragged him away before I needed to tell him to get his fingers off the side of the car.

One time I was in McDonald's during lunch hour where no less than 20 kids in the 13-16 age range saw me drive up. I knew they were talking about me but they were trying to be polite and not bother me. As soon as I went to the washroom one walked up to my assistant and asked if they could photograph the car with the top down. She told them to wait until I leave as I might put it down. When I walked out they all went to the window to see what I would do. Being in a more friendly than normal mood I put the top down, and then told my assistant they could photograph it. They all came running outside of McDs and took as many photos as they could fit on their cell phones.

Another time I was inside a store and an SUV drove up out front. About 8 teenagers jumped out and started photographing themselves in front of it. When I walked out they saw me, and all ran as fast as they could back to the SUV and took off spinning the tires.

Stuff like this happens almost every day. It is fun at times but I also do not like myself being photographed driving it. Yet people snap photos of me all the time as I drive by. I just do not want a bunch of photos of myself driving around to get circulated on the net.