View Single Post
Old 12-29-2006, 01:50 PM   #7
denverpete

Skip EBAY. I'm not saying that some people here haven't found some nice deals, but they also didn't get them with a PPI.

Can't speak for the prices, but I'd definitely stick with 2003 or above if for nothing more than the glass rear window. The mileage on all of them seem high. Also keep in mind that this is the WORST time to sell a convertible - so you should be able to negotiate pretty well.

If at all possible in your price range, go for the "S". I didn't and while I love driving my Box, I still wish I had the S.

BTW, I saw a 2004 anniversary a few months ago for around the price range you are looking at. A bit more HP than the 2004 S and some other nice features.

Be really careful with the carbon fiber. Check the option codes to ensure that it was factory and not an add-on by the previous owner. Some of the add-ons seem to be pretty cheap.

Bottom line, take your time - don't hurry on this. You'll find plenty of Boxsters which will turn your head. Make sure it has what you want. And make damn sure you get a PPI....

Good luck.

'06 Cayenne Turbo S, Beige Metallic/Tan

Ex - '99 Arctic Silver, Red Interior, Silver Top
denverpete is offline   Reply With Quote