View Single Post
Old 12-28-2006, 06:39 PM   #1
David_J

6000 miles and time for new tires

In just over 6000 miles I have managed to burn through the tires I purchased earlier this year. The performance has been getting really bad in the rain. I know I have an aggressive alignment, but still thought I would get more than 6000 miles out of my tires.

I currently have the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 tires. I think I may go with something else this time around. The fronts are still doing fine, but the rears are smoother than my MPSC that I use for autocross. I figured I will probably burn through another set of rears by the time the fronts need to be replaced.

Anyone have experience with the Toyo T1R tires on a Boxster? My friend had them on his 996 and they seemed to last him just short of 15k miles.

It looks like I finally get to experience the cost of owning a true sports car. Oh well, I knew I would be replacing them more often than other cars, but 6000 miles is a little sooner than I expected.

Thanks,
David

2001 Boxster S (sold)
19" SSR GT3 - Cross coilovers - Custom Magnaflow exhaust - B&M Short Shifter - EVO intake - GT3 Seats - Hardtop

http://www.emeraldcitycustoms.com/images/box2.jpg

1986 Carrera (sold)
David_J is offline   Reply With Quote