View Single Post
Old 12-26-2006, 12:00 PM   #4
Perfectlap

you know Iatros when I hear someone say something like this I know right away I'm dealing with someone with virtually no experience of driving a car on a track or someone who has never really had any sort of high performance driving instruction.
Some of the most knowledgable sports car people I know have had or currently own Boxsters. All kinds of people, guys who own GT3's, M3's, Lotus, Lambo, Ferrari you name it. But not just guys who buy these cars and never take them out of the garage! I'm talking about guys who will spend big big money on a sports car and then spend even more on track modifications. Well, they all say the same thing, for a driver, its a true "slot car" superior handling to most of the sports cars you will see at the track on any given day, including the M3 (and its inferior brakes).

Many 'posers' don't understand the concept of a roadster. They think they are ALL chick cars. Some hard core enthusiasts will tell you the purest sporst car is the roadster because its the most impractical and made solely for driving pleasure.

Plain and simple: The Boxster is the roadster of the Porsche brand.
And its the roadster all others compare their cars to. I've seen this recently in two different car magazines where they were reviewing the Z4 and the Turbo Solstice and decided to compare both against the Boxster as the yardstick to measure by.

Sports cars come in many flavors: roadsters, GT's, coupes, exotics
people who don't understand this should not be listened to.
They wouldn't know trail braking from trail mix.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 12-26-2006 at 12:06 PM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote