View Single Post
Old 12-26-2006, 07:24 AM   #15
unklekraker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Boxster
well regaurdless, i feel that if my car was damaged and the damage is worth X amount of dollars, and i take the insurance check and have it fixed for a much cheaper Y amount of dollars, I feel that im entitled to the remain amount of money left over assuming I sacrificed quality for value.

Reason insurance companies give you the check is because they are giving you the choice of what todo with the money, you can send your car to the junkyard for all they care... You pay your monthly payments for coverage and they give you money to repair damage that may happen during the insured period of your ownership of the vehicle.

Keywords... "INSURANCE COVERAGE"

It would be a waste of typing to convince me otherwise.

CJ has a point...you have a choice of what to do with the check. Let's say, you pay $200 a month for you car insurance coverage for the past 72 months, that's a total of $14,400. You only use $400 of it, where does the insurance company stand when they pocketed the rest of the money, $14,000? Is it a profit or stealing?
So if my door got ding, insurance gave me check for $1k and only use $500. I pocketed the rest of the cash, is it profit or stealing?

I'm just asking, not sure if my question could relay to the topic.
unklekraker is offline   Reply With Quote