View Single Post
Old 12-25-2006, 11:45 AM   #6
clb0099

Well, it goes on what the cost is for oem bumper . Like for example they will do a research on the yr of the car and how much it would cost to replace the bumper and paint it. Here is the thing they either ask you to go to three different body shops and get an est or recommend you to a body shop near you . I would say 8 out of 10 body shops may say it's repairable then it you might be stuck fixing it. They may send an adjuster to come look at the damage while it's at the bodyshop getting repaired so that they can go over how much it's going to cost. It really depends on the adjuster and the insurance company. Other adjusters will ok repairs over the phone others want to see it for themselves. Like i stated in my previous experience unless it is really bad your bumper most times is repairable unless it's cracked straight through or destroyed to the point where it it's not worth it to be fixed or a safety hazard. I hope I have helped you with this info. I would call my local bodyshops and kinda let them know you want to replace the bumper and not fix the one you have. As long as they go along with it and the adjuster your fine. Be nice to the adjuster too . You always catch more bees with honey. LOL Good luck let me know how it works out. When you do call the bodyshops they are going to want to see it so they know what your talking about and also let them say to that they are going to repair the existing one and that's when you tell to them you kinda wanted to replace since your afraid it might not come out like factory . That sometimes works too. Oh , I almost forgot the most obivous bring it to a Porsche Dealership if you going to replace it for a straight swap and not a upgrade some dealerships make work with you on an upgrade bumper and put the money for the oem bumper to a different one. The down side to this is that you might have money coming out of your pocket since dealer prices are marked up . I think your best bet if you want to have done to porsche standards go to a dealership plus insurance have little to say on prices cause it's straight from the maker. Sometimes bodyshops try to get non oem parts cause they are are cheaper and insurance company dictate that cause of what money they give them to fix it. In closing i would opt for dealership work if if your going through insurance they will tell straight if it's fixable or not.

Last edited by clb0099; 12-25-2006 at 11:59 AM.
clb0099 is offline   Reply With Quote