View Single Post
Old 12-25-2006, 07:59 AM   #3
RandallNeighbour

So sorry to hear about this, especially so near Christmas! What a way to bring a guy down on a nice holiday. Where did this happen?

Can you park elsewhere in the future to protect the car more?

I use to drive my boxster to church and parallel park it on the street in front of the church, thinking it would protect my doors. Then some kind soul from church nicked my rear bumper getting out.

Now I either don't drive it to church or park it in a far corner of a school parking lot we've been given to use on Sundays that's patrolled by a security guard and where few people park.

The boxster NEVER goes to the grocery store. Period. That lot if chock-full of bad drivers and stressed people trying to navigate carts of groceries to their cars. I'm too smart for that one.

Unless you do something illegal, you are probably out the full grand for your deductible. However, you can get a body shop to quote you for a new factory bumper, take a check for it, and then buy one off eBay (polyurethene) or get one from a dismanteler and have it put on your car and save some money.

Last edited by RandallNeighbour; 12-25-2006 at 08:01 AM.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote