View Single Post
Old 12-20-2006, 03:26 PM   #4
dcporsche99

Hi,
Sorry to hear it did not do the trick. But, it sounds like the motor works. "It sounds like something is working but i must mention this did the same thing on my driver's side and then after a while of pressing the toggle switch it stopped making the noise .." From what you described, it also sounds like the regulator doesn't know that the window is actually up. Have you tried readjusting the guiderails where the actual window sits? Sometimes if it's not just right, the window just doesn't go up /down. If I were trying to troubleshoot, I would try taking the negative off the battery (as you previously did), readjust the rails, reattach the negative on the battery (as you did before), then do the little 5 second thing again and see if that does the trick.

No, I did it myself. I started doing my own stuff because one day I came across exactly what you described. I found that if I have the time, I would rather try to figure it out myself because of the ridiculous runaround and prices that many of these unscrupulous folks charge and also because I am curious about how things work. But, sometimes you just have to call it quits and spend the dough to get it just right.

BTW, I am sure I don't have to remind you to be careful of working near the airbag after you disconnect the (-)battery. SAFETY FIRST!!

Last edited by dcporsche99; 12-20-2006 at 03:37 PM.
dcporsche99 is offline   Reply With Quote