View Single Post
Old 12-20-2006, 01:46 PM   #2
dcporsche99

Hi,
I am not familiar with the 1997 issues. But I have replaced both of those things in my Explorer, so I am familiar with it a bit. In any case, the first thing I would definitely do is get a handle on what EXACTLY your mechanic bought for you. IMHO it's always good to know where your money is going.

Next, I would agree that changing the seals may be a good idea. Additionally, I would wrap the wiring harness in select places (using your best judgement) where there may be a possibility of moisture reaching a contact of sorts with electrical tape for good measure.

Also, when you press the buttons do you hear the motor working at all or is it just dead? Another thing, have you checked the toggle switches in the middle console? There may just as easily be a loose connection. Also, an interesting thing that I have learned with our cars is that if you have disconnected the battery when you worked on the window regulator, you may find that once you have reconnected it you would have to reset the reference point of the window (re: so that the window actually knows that it is closed all the way). In order to do this all you would have to do is depress the "UP" button for about 5 or more seconds with doors closed and convertible top fully engaged in the closed position, and I believe, with the key in the "ON" position (or with the engine on---this should work just as well).

If this doesn't work, hopefully some of the more knowledgeable folks out there can be of further assistance.

Anyway, I hope this helps Good luck!

Last edited by dcporsche99; 12-20-2006 at 01:59 PM.
dcporsche99 is offline   Reply With Quote