View Single Post
Old 12-20-2006, 11:25 AM   #1
clb0099

Wiring Harness to Window Motor

Here it goes. My Driver's side window stopped working a month ago and i figured from reading all the forums that is was the regulator or the motor. So replaced both of them and still no good. I ended up going to a mechanic who told me the harness to the window motor was no good and that water damaged it. So he order the parts through porsche . When he went to pick up the parts he was surprised with a the cost of 500. The porsche guy told him that they updated the part and it was a good idea to get a entire new wiring harness for this side and passenger side. I really don't know what they mean by the harness since there is a harness going to the motor attaches to the body of the car and plugs in right there. Anyway I got the car back and went to get it washed to my surprise the passenger window doesn't work now but the driver's side does. Not to mention that the windows both worked prior to the infamous car wash. No i am stuck with the window not working . If anyone has any input on this please reply. Also if anyone has ever had this problem with there 1997 boxster.. the guy at the dealership said it was very common for this yr. Also the mechanic i used opted to get new seals i think and other stuff that amounted to 150 instead 500.. again i have no idea what he ordered .

Last edited by clb0099; 12-20-2006 at 11:33 AM.
clb0099 is offline   Reply With Quote