View Single Post
Old 12-20-2006, 09:15 AM   #1
SigmaPi

I should have thought of this earlier!!!!

Ok,

So I was sitting here listening to the wind howl and wishing it was 75 and I had thought. I was reading some of the posts where people ask the forum members if they got a "good deal". I related that to how I found my Porsche as well as some of the comments I received when I asked this question.

I think we should start a challenge thread for prospective buyers. It would work like this; The buyer would post the criteria of the Boxster they are looking for to include price, color, year, options etc. Those of us around the country could comb all of our local ads and post the information or post the best deal they have found nationally (First post is the only one that counts). The buyer, with the help of the members research could down select to a final few Boxsters. The members who suggestions where selected could help the prospective buyer to finalize a decision. Once the buyer makes a decision and a sale is finalized, he could kick back a small prize for the member who found the chosen vehicle. The member in the local area could also assist with a pick-up at the airport and a ride if needed. Obviously a couple things need to be present in order for this to work, primarily integrity as well as a willingness for the buyer to travel.

If I had thought of this sooner and it saved me a couple grand, I would have been willing to payout a couple of hundred dollars to the finder. I don't know anyone who wouldn't like to receive a good deal on a car. I also know I would spend some time looking at the local ads for forum members if it meant I could potentially save some money on my next tire purchase.

Opinions?
SigmaPi is offline   Reply With Quote