View Single Post
Old 12-19-2006, 11:15 AM   #28
MNBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2000s
I totally agree. People who buy this type of car buy it to be a Porsche. But making the arguement based on quality or reliability is unfounded and incorrect. Just as a side note, Subaru engines are very stought units.
Hi,

I understand what you're trying to say, and I agree to a point. But, let's not forget that a good portion of Porsche's past reputation was built on Quality and Reliability.

Of course, every Marque and Model has their failings and quirks, but those associated with Modern Porsches are not the ones which people expect to see. This is especially true when one considers how many lesser, and less expensive marques consistently get these things right.

That said, I think comparing any Marque to another will always fail in some respects. Each Marque has their own unique history and engineering culture which is continually evolving and built upon when designing and producing subsequent generations or models. In a sense, they each go their own direction, and this uniqueness has often given them entry into a Market niche to begin with.

Likewise, there's little merit to pointing out flaws in another Marque as if that somehow negates, or lessens the severity, of the ones of greatest interest to us Porsche Owners...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote