View Single Post
Old 12-15-2006, 07:54 AM   #1
super66

987 Service Update & ????'ss

Hey guys so I took in the car and here is just some of what I got back, wondering if anyone with a 987 may know differently:

1) White/Siver Face Gauges - tried to get these through Epic, BumperPlugs, and now the dealer. The dealer said he isn't allowed to change the faces anymore and could only do the entire cluster for if I remember correctly $1,600. Anyone know where I can get some factory face gauges?

2) Baby seat - they claim they install the kill switch for the airbag by the door and its controlled by a key. Is that still the case for the 987? I thought the 987 was a button on the center console? Any one with one of these? Price tag btw, 870....I am making a HUGE assumption that included labor, not sure on this one yet.

3) Schnell Short Shift - claims installing can void warranty down the road. I would assume this install I would do myself or through a side shop. Question is I've read there are 2 bushings you have to crack off to switch out the shifter? If that's the case, can I get those factory bushings back should I have to reinstall the factory unit down the road? I wouldn't want to leave a trace I was in there....I don't remember the quote on to get the factory SSK but it wasn't enticing....

Again, no bad word on the clutch, not sure if the stink will just be an intermittent thing going forward. Thanks in advance for any info/advice!
super66 is offline   Reply With Quote