View Single Post
Old 12-14-2006, 03:49 PM   #17
eslai

Quote:
Originally Posted by super66
don't laugh guys but I don't have a clue what clutch slipping is.....the only thing that I noticed really different was the smell......I took it out and drove it pretty hard a couple times and it always went right into gear and zip around fine....first gear might feel a little funny but that could just be me, and the other thing is that the shifter feels looser.....the car definitely goes into gear a lot smoother that it used too....but then again maybe I'm just imagining
If you hit the Go Pedal with the car in gear and the car doesn't "Go", or revs climb really fast and the car doesn't "go very well", that's your clutch slipping.

Basically your wheels are connected to your engine via two halves of a sliced bagel. If you rotate one half and the other half doesn't rotate with it, that's clutch slip.

lol I'm sorry that's a horrible analogy. Go here instead and you'll understand it immediately. http://auto.howstuffworks.com/clutch.htm

Basically if the car scoots along in first and second gear like it did before, your clutch is fine for now.