View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 01:44 PM   #6
Pilot2519j

Quote:
Originally Posted by longislander1
I've heard fairly good things about the Huntington dealership and it's probably the place I'll take my 987S for its next annual service.

I tried Roslyn for the one-year service last July on the recommendation from someone on PPBB. They kept the car for four days, although there were only 3.8 hours of work done. Most dealerships call you when a car is delayed. They didn't. I had to keep calling them. After a while, I thought something had happened to the car and they were covering it up. I'm still not sure they captured all the TSBs for my car and I'm now waiting five months to get a callback on a replacement windstop. While they were friendly, the place looked pretty disorganized. A woman customer who owned a 911 told me that I should tip if I want better service (as if Porsche service prices weren't high enough). I got the feeling that the tippers had the work done on their cars first -- and got the Cayenne loaners while I was stuck in a Chevy Malibu. All I can say is that it was not a great service experience for a $60,000 car.

I bought my car at Amityville, another place that doesn't know how to treat a $60,000 customer. That dealership was happy to take my money, but they did not lift a finger to help when my car sat on a European dock for a month while later-production models were being delivered to customers. When it finally arrived, I gave them three days' notice for pickup of my car and I still had to wait an hour at the dealership because they said it wasn't ready. I also believe they never waxed the car, which is probably a good thing. I decided not to have my car maintained there after reading less-than-favorable customer stories online about its VW and Audi service facility.

These experiences are why I have no loyalty to Porsche. They don't really care much about their customers. When my 987S is due for replacement, I'll be shopping around.

Bummer man did you deal with Lana? I've never seen anyone tip anyone there so I can not say tipping is a requirement for better service. All I can say is that I have kept my car service for almost three years now and have no complaints with Roslyn or any bad experience.