View Single Post
Old 07-15-2004, 10:46 PM   #6
bamaboxster

Send a message via AIM to bamaboxster
Installed the Becker rear speaker kit in my Boxster and have mixed feelings about it.

I have a 2004 with the Hi-Fi Sound option. The speaker wires have to be run out to the amp in the trunk for them to work. No need to remove the radio for the installation with this system.

It is a royal pain in the butt getting the wire out to the amp in the trunk.

I ended up neatly running the wire just under the top edge of the carpet under the IP and drilled a small hole near the clutch master mount (black panel) and ran the rest through the existing holes in the trunk firewall.

As others have said on this group, its just fill in sound, not anything earth-shattering. It does make top up driving a little better.

I'm not interested in vibrating the neighbors out of their easy chairs in their homes, but I would like just a little more kick from the rear.

As for my wheels, I have the 18" Carrera light alloys with Pirelli P-Zero Rossi Assymetrico. I could not imagine going to a lower profile tire and upgrading to a 19" personally. I'm sure they would look good. The 19" rims are more subject to road hazard/ curbing damage with the lower profile tires needed.

David
2004 Gaurds Red, Becker rear speakers, xm satellite (commander version) 18" Carrera light alloys
bamaboxster is offline   Reply With Quote