View Single Post
Old 07-15-2004, 10:19 PM   #6
bamaboxster

Send a message via AIM to bamaboxster
3M Clearbra

I have 3M's version of the clearbra added to my boxster.

My car is Gaurds Red and the film is nearly invisible from most angles.

I have it on the trunk, the fenders above the lights, on the lights themselves and on the mirrors. I do not have it on the bumper due to the difference in rates of expansion and contraction (tends to spider over time)

I've had experience with this product before and it is well worth it. It may get swirls in it easier than the paint where little can be done about it. This may be annoying on a dark car.

I sold my G35 (desert platinum) with it on, and the new owner decided to take it off.

There wasn't a paint color difference where the film was. The film was quite abused over time (I-20 highway center median construction). It really protected the car.

The visible lines are where the film ends halfway up the trunk and across the top of the fenders. Its barely noticable viewing parallel to the edges and the trailing edges (viewed from inside the car), 3 quarter front view to straight on, its really hard to see.

I have been nailed by a lot of rocks within the first 4,000 miles, where the film took it all. There are marks in the film but it is intact (no holes).

The thing I like about it, you don't have to worry about the rain. Its not wise to leave a vinyl bra on a car when its wet.

I do run a vinyl bra for the bumper when commuting back and forth from Birmingham to Atlanta due to all of the road construction here.

Just my 2 cents

David
bamaboxster is offline   Reply With Quote