View Single Post
Old 12-10-2006, 05:51 PM   #13
cartagena

At no time did the front end start to feel light or did it float. It's ability to stick to the road is better than any other car I have driven. While driving at about 130mph I too went over a bump that felt like it went airborne but I am sure it did not leave the ground. It just feels that way since you are being pushed upwards and your body feels lighter for a split second.

I had more pedal as well. I figure I can get it at 160 on this road sometime in the future. It is at sea level so there is good oxygen, the road is flat and dry....I just worry about the donkeys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David N.
Cartegena hit it on the head, the steering becomes definitely more sensitive (although less so because of the progressive style steering). But I felt really confident because the car was still quite planted and I didn't feel the front wheels getting light or anything. Unlike other cars I've been in the Boxster just doesn't seem to lose its composure beyond a certain point, and just inspires you to keep going. It wasn't until I crossed a big seam in the freeway and went airborne for a fraction of a second that I realized it's not just the car I need to worry about, and that was all for the day.