View Single Post
Old 12-10-2006, 03:40 AM   #4
ohioboxster

I was going to make a thread about this but I will just post it here. My Boxster was built in Finland. (Disclamer)Im not saying this has anything to do with where the car was built. I've noticed a few things. My car does NOT eat tires I have put roughly 13k miles on these tires and they still look fantastic and are wearing even. It does NOT have the signature smoke on start up from the flat six that is so common. I have NOT had to add oil other than when I broke the filler tube and some leaked. The top works great and this is Ohio so it may go up and down six times a day. Typical ohio day, rain, sun, cloudy, rain mixed with sun, snow, snow mixed with rain, sun, sun mixed with rain etc. you get the idea. Everything just works as expected on my car. There was a brief time that I was not happy with the car because the ignition switch and a rock or jack that caused clutch line damage. Its all fixed now as most of you know.

Next thought, I found a car I wanted on e-bay the other day and was thinking of selling the Box again but came to my senses. The car was an 04 with 30k miles and it only booked at 20 to 21 thousand. It made me think about the car really only being 2 years old and dropping almost 35% in value. Dont hold me to the % its off the top of my head but seems about right. Its not even all that attractive of a car either but it boasted 480hp and Im still a hp junkie. I'll just clear it up for you, it was an 04 GTO with a procharger set up, after market clutch, gauges etc. Its just so dang ugly and not of what I think of when GTO strolls through my mind. I have owned a 1968 and 1974 GTO and really liked both of them. In closing (thank God I know) the Box survived another round of my OCD, lol.