Thread: My car bounces?
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2006, 04:34 PM   #8
krn986

Quote:
Originally Posted by David N.
That just happened to me last night. I was going down a side road I never go down, was in rolling in first gear at 10 or so, decided to punch it a bit and got this horrid thumping, traction light going off like mad. At first I thought road since it was a little crappy, but I drove further down and tried it again, same result. Scared the hell out of me, thought maybe it was something with the suspension to induce rabid axle hop or maybe even the wheel was bent or something. Got out, checked it, looked fine and I was at my destination.

I pushed it again later that in the night on a road I'm used to tho, and it was smooth sailing. I tried again once or twice today and no problems. I'm thinking it was a mixture of cold tires, cold foggy night, bad road, and just minute slippage+hop. I'm very good to my tranny, double clutch all downshifts and never slip it above 2k. For me, fun is just winding it out from 3-6k once or twice, so I think in this case it was just bad circumstances.

-David
+1 it was a rainy day in seattle and i felt like takin the boxster out, i did that and my car was just thumping along and as i hit 2nd gear the car was smooth then.
E36/7 BMW Z3 2.8L Roadster
1999 Porsche Boxster
krn986 is offline   Reply With Quote