View Single Post
Old 12-07-2006, 12:46 PM   #4
Perfectlap

I guess it varies by region.
When I had my side skirting painted the lowest quote I got was $400 the highest was $900. I wasn't very confident in the paint booth at the location of the lowest bidder. I picked a mid range shop that charged $700. Lots of sports cars in their garage and the paint booth looked first rate.

Recently I went to a very high end Porsche, Aston, Merc shop and told them I had to color match a fender that has a small 2" scratch/partial dent and color match painting of my GT3 front bumper which has been orphaned in storage locker for over a year. Quote? $3,4000.
The other shops said they would paint the bumper for $500-$800.

I too wish I could wield a spray gun and had a paint booth.
But even the pros don't always get it right. On previous cars (all dark) I had to have jobs redone several times because the paint booth wasn't air tight and dust
had made its way between the base layer and the clear coat. And Color matching was often a problem due to the paint fading. Its not always a case of cracking open some factory paint and shooting.

p.s.
get the GT3 bumper, I don't think the stock 911 bumper is much of a difference that will justify the cost of professional painting.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote