View Single Post
Old 12-05-2006, 10:06 PM   #59
ohioboxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 986_inquiry
ohioboxster,

if you were to do it all over again what would you have done differently?

I didn't see a intercooler on your list of items, do you think a intercooler would have helped with temperatures and would you recommend future S/C hopefuls to spend a few hundred extra on a intercooler as insurance against high temps?

Also what do you think about forged pistons? Would you recommend them? How many miles have you put on the car since the s/c and have you taken it to the track yet?
I think an intercooler will always be helpful but Im not sure if one is even manfactured for my SC kit. Im still thinking about alcohol injection to chemically cool the air charge. This kit only produces 4.5 to 5 psi dont forget. I wouldnt do anything different. My goal was a low budget supercharged Boxster and I think I accomplished that goal. This kit new is anywhere from 5-7k plus just think if you had to pay for install at 100 bucks an hour. Im trying to hit all your questions. I've probably put about 3,000 miles on the car since the install. Once I figured out the vacuum leak the car runs great, idles smooth, great gas mileage and tons of power. No track times as of yet, this is my daily driver some Im not real inclined to beat on it, although I want to. Sure forged pistons would be great but tryin not to break the bank. Before I would spend 20k on a motor and sc setup I would just buy a different car. Did I get all your questions?