View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006, 10:16 PM   #3
MNBoxster

Hi,

For a dedicated Porsche Mag, I agree that Excellence is probably the one. But, the best articles I've read about Porsches were in Hemmings Sports and Exotic Car.

As a PCA Member, I get Panorama , but I've lapsed all my other car mag subscriptions except for Sports Car International and Hemmings Sports and Exotic Car. I think these are the most all-encompassing mags with a minimum of Ads and each will actually rate the cars objectively. If a car is a dog, they're not afaid to say so.

Car & Driver, Road and Track, etc. seem to want to avoid offending a manufacturer lest they not be given access to future models. Some of the comparos they have featured are just laughable. And the mag is like 75% advertisements.

In the past 3 issues of Hemmings Sports and Exotic Car, they have done feature articles on the Porsche 930 Turbo, the Porsche Continental, and a 356/Healey 100M comparo. They have also included side articles about the 928, 944, and 914, and that's just the last 3 issues.

Sports Car International has done numberous articles on Porsches of all kinds, including some famous racing Porsches.

Each of these is printed on very nice stock with excellent color plates of the cars. I highly recommend both...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

Last edited by MNBoxster; 12-05-2006 at 07:27 AM.
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote