Thread: Gahh
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006, 02:02 PM   #5
blue2000s
Porscheectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
The glass window replacement top makes it a little harder to fully open the back end of the top for maintenance to the top of the engine. The mechanic has to undo a couple of screws to swing it totally up and out of the way if the top of the engine needs serious access.

However, this is not much of an issue in my opinion. Any decent mechanic can do this in 15 minutes if need be... very very little maintenance is done from the top anyway.

So, if you want a glass window, get one. There's a remote possibility it could cost you fifty bucks in repair costs one day, but frankly, the fact that you don't have to get out, chop the top, get back in and continue lowering the top is worth that amount of money... which may never be charged to you anyway. It's a good swap in my mind.

I am also planning to buy a GAHH top and will have a local GAHH authorized shop install it. These tops are now available from a couple of different sources and on eBay at a discount, but frankly, the GAHH service after the sale when buying it through them and having an authorized shop install it per their guidance is far better when and if the top needs work or replacement during the warranty period.
If you look at the pictures of the top with the back up for service, it's alot more intrusive than the plastic window. Show stopper? Absolutely not. More cumbersome and unnecessarily so? Yes.
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote