View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006, 10:50 AM   #15
MNBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99BoxsterATL
Thanks for all the feedback, How do I post a picture up here??? Do I have to hyper link or can I just attach it to a message?

So far my thoughts on the car... well I am scared ****************less to drive it too much as every comment I get on the porsche is in reponse to how I will have problems with it. Last thing I want is to feel like I am skating on ice with it. My transmission light blinks in Drive, and no lights in the 1-5 gears, then it will get in 5 gear at higher speeds and the D will stop blinking, then allowing me to go to Manual or stay in Drive and all lights adjust (1-5) at the corresponding speeds. (I have tiptronic) Otherwise if the D is blinking I cannot put it in Manual until it's reach a 4th or 5th gear. Manual says the transmission is confused in what mode it is in and to bring it to Porsche. I don't want to do this!! I have tried switching b/t the two to make it figure itself out, but seams it only does at high speeds. Is there any easy way to fix this? reset button --> on/off/left/right/ up/ down/ start/ start/ reset twice and load back up?

I tried fixing my horn, but as soon as I put a new fuse in and hit the horn, it blew for a few seconds and then the fuse blew up and sparked. I need to replace the relay and hope that works.

As far as the performance goes... not bad. Handles well, my new set of tires will allow me to get grip around the turns as right now the car will keep going straight and not grab enough. I purchased a new set shipping into Discount Tire right now. Last owner had put the upgraded S wheels 17" or correct me if I am wrong if it's part of the Sport Package which is on my car.

I have a body shop behind my house that just looked at it and we decided to swap services in order for me to get a couple dings out and get a couple scratches painted. Other than that this car is like brand freaking new. It looks fantastic. It really does!

I can't come up with why the prices on these cars are so low. I look at ebay where I got it, and barely anyone is bidding on these (97-2001) $7K-15K. That's what scares me. Do people know something about these cars that I am just learning about?

This won't be a daily driver, and I can justify keeping it w/ my extended warranty on it, but from what I see, to use as a daily driver will hit you hard in the pocket book. Please disagree with me if you would like. I want more confidence in my purchase.

And tell me about posting pics!
Hi,

The issue you're having with the Tiptronic is most likely a misaligned switch at the tranny, or a 'gunked up' shift linkage mechanism. I had the same issue with mine when I 1st purchased it.

The Dealer (not where I bought it) pulled the linkage and cleaned and tightened it and the problem was solved. 2 Years later, problem has not returned. As I review the invoice I see they charged me $168 for this and retrieving the radio code. They may have thrown the Radio code in for free I don't know. If they did, expect the bill to be slightly lower. Hope this helps...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote