View Single Post
Old 12-03-2006, 07:14 AM   #13
mmatthews

I currently have the Yoko AVS Sports on my Box (still original tires) and even thought there a little noisy I feel the handling is exceptional. I thought about keeping the OE tires when the time for new replacements. After seeing Rich’s post I thought to myself this has to be to good to be true. I went to the tire rack website to check out this special price and yes indeed they are ~ $550 for a set of 4 after shipping. During my search I also noticed there were two different AVS Sports listed, the AVS Sport at the special price and AVS Sport N1 at not so special price. I decided to call tire racks technical department to ask the difference between the two AVS Sports. I was told the AVS Sports on special are not considered by Porsche as OE tires even thought they have the same speed rating and tread design. Porsche only recognizes the AVS Sports N1 as an OE replacement and the major difference between the two is internal design (different belt material). I kind of felt this was a little miss leading so I thought it might be worth wild to share this with the forum.
mmatthews is offline   Reply With Quote