View Single Post
Old 07-01-2004, 06:54 AM   #29
ranbar2

Well, I was in the same situation when I bought my boxster (a 2000 S) a couple of months ago. I had never driven a stick before. But, like alot of people on here, I felt that if I was going to buy a sports car I should be able to control it like a sports car, not let it control me. I had opportunities to get a tip (and some really good deals too), but I held out for a manual. And I have to tell you that the first couple of weeks I was terrified every time I drove it. But it soon becomes second nature. It was supposed to be my nights and weekend car but I now drive it all the time (unless I need to haul something or I have my dogs in the car in which case I still have my boring subie automatic). Even in rush hour it is fun to drive. And it makes me pay attention while I am driving, unlikethe cell calling, DVD watching drivers of behemoth SUV's and minivans (any escalade drivers out there care to fess up?). To me, the reason I bought this car is to DRIVE it. And part of the fun of driving it is shifting. If I wanted something where the driving was transparent I wouldn't have bought this car.
ranbar2 is offline   Reply With Quote