View Single Post
Old 12-02-2006, 04:39 PM   #32
Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucelee
There is a fascinating comparo in this months Road and Track mag. It is a base Cayman and a Audi TT. The evaluation raises interesting issues, as the TT is a bit faster straight line AND on the street handling test. The other interesting issue is that they say the Audi's manumatic is the faster shifting trans vs the manual Cayman!

They love both cars and I can see why. What is equally interesting is that the Cayman is about $18K MORE than the TT.

I think the cost issue for a Porsche is going to become an increasingly big hurdle for buyers to get over. I do think that nearly $60K for a base Cayman is getting kind of silly, but hey, that is me.
I read that article and the writer of that article still picked the Cayman despite its price. The Audi is great for the daily commute, but the Porsche is still the pick for enthusiasts that take their car to autocrosses and track days....or simply enjoy a great roadster that rewards on the spirited drive. I also noticed that the Cayman was faster in the upper speed relm, so the TT may have it down low due to the AWD and TQ advantage, but the Cayman catches it and passes it in the upper speed relm due to better areodynamics.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote