View Single Post
Old 12-01-2006, 08:02 PM   #11
unklekraker

To be honest..I don't think you are getting ripped off with the asking price. Just the hard top alone if you buy it separate will cost, i think around $2400 or more. If you really like it, do what deliriousga suggested and just make sure that you get an extended warranty.
In my experience...I bought the ext. warranty for $2800 4yr/48k mi. basically my car will be covered till 100k mi. So far all the repairs that was done in my Box is covered by my warranty...ie...cam shaft seal/gasket, coolant reservoir bottle, airbag computer thingy, passenger side seatbelt, MAF. I spend almost $600 on mods already (that's just deambering it) and $600 something on 45k service change oil, fuel filter, fuel line, cabin filter 2 weeks after i bought it...

In the end, I love the car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedDemon
The market in Seattle is always higher than almost any other area in the country. Considering how much it rains here you would think that nobody would want a convertible . I would buy a Boxster even if it wasn't a convertible personally so that isn't a factor to me, and that is actually why I like the fact soooo much that this one has a hard-top.

How hard is it to find pre-painted hard-tops on ebay for example? I really hate the thought of always looking back through a plastic back window. And I know that they switched to glass in 2003, but I can't afford an '03.
unklekraker is offline   Reply With Quote