View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 08:29 PM   #20
webster132

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBoxster
Hi, And, if you are one of those lucky few who inhabit the Socio-Economic Stratosphere, you're not concerned with Value, Resale or any such mundane things. All you know is that you have a want which needs to be satisfied and you satisfy it, period. That's RUF's true customer, who they market to.
I'm sorry to burst any bubbles, but that's simply not the case. At least not for me. And not for any of my high-end buying car friends either. Value is a huge part my car buying process. Whether I'm buying a Boxster or a Lamborghini.

You just compare it to other options in the same league or segment. So no, I didn't consider a Miata when buying the Boxster, but I did consider an SLK. And I didn't consider a Corvette when getting the Lambo, but I did consider the Ferrari.

So if you, like me, like Porsches and like convertibles, but you want more performance than a stock S, you compare a Ruf Boxster to a C2S Cab and try to assign value to either option. What I'm sensing from the crowd here is that paying ~$100k for a convertible Porsche is a bad deal for them. I have absolutely no problem with that judgement, but it didn't feel all that relevant for this discussion.
webster132 is offline   Reply With Quote