View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 11:37 AM   #37
MNBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioboxster
Boggtown,
Jim and I have a difference in opinion and I dont believe we are out to hurt each others feelings. We have not made inflamatory comments to each other and I cant speak for Jim but Im not looking for a fight. If these comments were directed at us you are mistaken, if not disregard.
Hi,

OH, I'm not sure our opinions are that different. Detonation is a well-known phenomena and is caused under certain conditions whether it's in a Diesel, Aircraft or Boxster.

It's also true that the DME can respond so quickly to the knock sensors that you may be detonating and not know it. Or, detonating at some times and conditions and not others.

Again, I'm not saying that you are, but I also think that you cannot with 100% certainty say that you're not either. You'd need a data stream from the DME to see if the Knock Sensors are detecting anything.

No malice, it's all good fun and learning. It's about truth, either it is or it isn't. Problem in this case is that there's 'evidence' on both sides of the arguement. Glad you're being the Test Bed on this... Keep up the Good Work!

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

Last edited by MNBoxster; 11-30-2006 at 11:44 AM.
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote