View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 10:59 AM   #35
pecivil

I think it is not a matter of like or dislike. People have differing opinions. These differing opinions differ because of the knowledge base they come from, and more knowledge is one main reason to visit a board like this.

While I have differed with Jim on one matter, I tend to think (based on his background) that he knows probably more than anybody on this board about what we speak to.

But that does not mean Ohio is bashing or unfriendly because he disagrees (or wrong for that matter).

But I too enjoy the exchanges on the board because it (hopefully) results in knowledge being spread about the Boxster, the car near and dear to all of our hearts.

So let the debating (friendly of course) rage, and let each state his facts.

but on the detonation issue, I am with Jim on this. Read this book called "Supercharger" written by Corky Bell, and you will understand much about how FI works in an engine. I have read it, and what Jim is saying is spot on about the ambient heat rise, detonation, and altering the ignition to avoid it.

Detonation is bad, and it IS very possible that the SC Box is detonating and you dont know it. Hopefully the ECU remap retards the timing when the knock sensors detect it. But even if it does, the fact it is trying to happen is a very bad thing, and does not bode well for the setup.

I wonder how (if any) of the IA SC systems have blown up the engine? Do they tell you? Do they warm you when you buy it?
Evo Intake
Partial Carbon Interior
Black Leather Sport seats
M030 Sway Bars
Litronics w/ Clear Corners
Boxster S brakes
B&M Short Shifter
PnP rear Speakers + Amp
pecivil is offline   Reply With Quote